Thursday, September 01, 2005

Football

I know that all of you who know me are already rolling on the ground in uncontrollable laughter by just reading the title to this post. Now I will preface this by saying that I don't know what the point of football is and I have no clue why people watch it. That being said, I am the Colorguard/Flag Corp. sponsor for the high school here in my county this year. This means that I am required to attend all of the high school football games. Yes, it's true. Go ahead laugh. Every single person who I've told this too has so you are not offending me by doing so. I know it's rather amusing (eventhough I was a member of the colorguard for a brief time while I was in high school). Anyway, the point of this is to say that I actually don't hate it. I thought this would be about as pleasant as a root canal but it actually has been fun. It's ok. Take long deep breaths and don't have heart failure! I have had a good time with my girls. (I think they keep me young!!!) I had forgotten just how important every small detail is to you when you are in high school. Sorry for those of you who believed that you didn't fall into this trap of self centeredness at some point or another but you did. Face it. The drama that exists in a teenagers' life is more entertaining than any soap opera I have ever seen. I can say that I am truely amused.

Anyway, I just thought I would share that with you. I hope you got a good laugh! Don't work too hard today!

8 comments:

Emily said...

wear lots of make-up, slick your hair back and start twirling baby....

Fawn Rainey said...

who in the hell are these creeps? I'm so proud of you Mel...You're the cool teacher that they will come to to give you the update of their dramatic lives...i miss you!

Mel said...

Em- The girls would love for me to! One of the flag members dropped out during band camp so there is an extra uniform in my size. The girls did everything but put the uniform on me. I politely refused(eventhough secretly I think it might be fun. don't tell anyone!)

Fawn- Not sure on who the creeps are. I changed some of my settings so we'll see if they continue to post.
It has been fun teaching and doing this flag thing this year. I actually may enjoy this teaching thing afterall. Who knows.
I miss you too!!!!!!!! We need to get together soon!

Jessica said...

Mel, who are you kidding... dont you remember all the freshman at emmanuel who carried this maturity level with them? until they got a slap of reality and realized that they were not as cool as they once thought, and it is not all about you. High school football games carry some good memories for me. I love me a good high school band.

amber said...

MEL! I think this job is perfect for you! I bet you have those girls rolling laughing! I'm jealous they get to spend so much time with your crazy self!
U never know what kind of hotties u may meet at these football games. TWIRL IT UP GIRL!!! Love ya!!!!

Anonymous said...

I could SO see you doing this. You know you were a band nerd for a while (I was too). Marching band and colorguard went hand in hand. I'm sure you just really enjoy hanging out with your drama queens, LOL. Give me call sometimes SISTA...I miss ya.

Love ya,
Brian

Jessica said...

one month ago today. you are engaged? to who?

Anonymous said...

WHERE'S MEL? NEW BLOG! NEW BLOG! HOW'S THE COLORGUARD GOING?