Ok. I started this book a couple months ago and didn't really have time to really sit down with it so I only made it through the first couple chapers. To be completely honest I didn't think it was going to be that great despite what others had said about it. The last couple books that were recommended to me I didn't like very much so I didn't have much hope for this one.
Then this week happened. Earlier this week, as I was getting ready for bed, I saw this book on my nightstand and thought I would just read a little before I went to bed to wind down. Since then I have been addicted to it. Not only is it well written, it gripped my heart. The parallels between the story of Hosea and our relationship with God just rattled my insides. Hosea has been one of my favorite stories of the bible for a couple of years now but this book brought new, deeper revelation of the truths of God's love. How can God love us that much? So much that He is ravished by us (Song of Songs 4:9 You have ravished my heart, My sister, my spouse; You have ravished my heart With one look of your eyes, With one link of your necklace.) It is so uncomprehendable, this love. All of you who know me, know that I have a tendency to cry at the drop of a hat, however, this has not been so over the last few months. My relationship with the Lord has been sweet but my heart was not tender toward him as it once was. Even though he has been showering me with new revelation of himself, I was at a dry place. I have felt like Gomer, He has led me to the wilderness and hedged me in with thorns all around me so that I may no longer call Him my Master but my Husband. Redeeming Love cut so deep in my heart this week. So much so that I could think of anything other than this story and of God's love. My heart has been aching. The more I read, the more I related to Angel(Gomer). Not that I am a harlot but that I had allowed things to rule over me and control me. Most of it unknowingly. My heart has been divided and I didn't even realize it until this week. Even as I write this my heart is aching and I could burst into tears at the tenderizing of my heart toward the Lord. This book took hold of me! Yesterday I was halfway finished with it and when I started reading last night I couldn't put it down. I had to finish. I had to know what happened (even though I knew the answer to my question). I read until almost 5 am this morning. Reading, weeping, praying, reading, weeping, praying. A never ending cycle of emotions flooded me. It was too much to contain. This great revelation of God's love for me. I have never doubted His love, I just don't think I really got it and maybe I still don't but I know more now than I ever have. Waves of love and revelation washed over me as I read. I was encountering this love that I had kept at arms length.
Anyway, if you haven't read this book, especially ladies, it is a must read! We can never have enough revelation of His love for us!
Have a great weekend! May God truly lavish His love upon you today and always. May His waves and breaker sweep over you. May this revelation awaken you to your deep calling out to His deep. God teach us and reveal to us the height, the width, the length, and the depth of Your love for us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Mel, I am soooo glad you finished the book. I knew you would love it!! I can't settle for anything less than Michael...it's impossible! I totally feel you on your addiction to the book. I did the exact same thing and now that I've read this post I think I'll probably be reading it again in the next week!! I need to live with Angel and Michael again.
You are so encouraging! I love you soooooo good and miss you too much! I'm believing what Kurt said about us all being together!!!
Thanks for being one of my most favorite Miriams!
I told you so! This book needs to be a motion picture! I love you!
I've got to get this book! It sounds like something I need right now.
I TOLD YOU!!!!!! that book rocked my face off! seriously it changed me---it was so well written and gripping and such a revelation of God and love..i have to admit that love is an aspect of God and that he does send redeeming love...that it is possible!
Mel- I read this book about 3 years ago...my mom said I had to read it. It's funny that I run across your post today...b/c I am reading it again...and I too am flooded with emotions as I read the parallels ....our God is so big...and his love is TRULY redeeming.
Love you mel-
Thanks Ladies! I'm glad you share the love of this book. I thank God his love is truly Redeeming!!!
Post a Comment