Friday, January 07, 2005

The Rhythm of Life

Well, I am trying to get back in the swing of things. I just returned from Christmas break which really wasn't a break. I had to move... the house I was living in started molding up the sheet rock in the bedrooms... Pretty gross eh! Yeah I thought so too. Anyway, I got to spend some time with my family but I had to cut the family thing short to come back to GA and move all of my crap (and yes I have come to believe it is crap now that I have had to move it yet again) to a very small two bedroom apartment. But it will be for the best especially since it is cheaper than the other place, I passed the Praxis finally so I will be getting a pay raise, and I have fewer bills there. So, all in all things are looking up.

I found it hard to get up and going today. I have not been very motivated to do this whole teaching thing, and this time it is not beacause I have a bad situation. It is quite the contrary, I have a position that would be envied by lots of very accomplished music educators but somehow I am just not feeling the fulfillment that I should feel from it. And that brings me to my next point... How can I even think like that. I am sooo blessed to have a job, a roof over my head, an awesome family that is a constant support. And with the new of possibly the greatest devestation I have been alive to witness I am so convicted. I have so much yet... somehow I am dissatisfied with it.

Lord, help me to understand your Truth about fulfillment and not my trivial human perspective.

Anyway, I hope all is well out there.

Here's some lyrics to ponder

Take my life and let it be consecrated Lord to thee
Take my moments and my days, let them flow in ceaseless praise
Take my hands and let them move at the impulse of your love
Take my feet and let them be swift and beautiful for Thee

Take my voice and let me sing always only for my King
Take my lips and let them be filled with messages from Thee
Take my silver and my gold not a mite would I withold
Take my intellect and us every power as You choose

Here am I, All of Me
Take My Life, It's All for Thee

Take my will and make it Thine, it shall be no longer mine
Take my heart it is Thine own, it shall be Thy royal throne
Take my love my Lord I pour at Your feet it's treasure store
Take myself and I will be always only all for Thee

3 comments:

amber said...

What's up Playa!! Guess who? ;-) I totally feel u dude, i'm living on the beach(with the parents but it's cool) and I LOVE my job but I am SO BORED! Oh My gosh there has to be more than this. I'm trusting for more but in the mean time u need to holla at ur gurrl so we can plan a trip together. I think New Orleans is calling us again!

Candice of 'The Beautiful Mess' said...

Mel--I got your phone call...thanks for the congrats! I will be praying for you!

amber said...

hey mel, i would've emailed u but i can't find ur address. i was going to let u know i invited fawn down to stay w/ me for the weekend at the beach the first weekend in feb. i would love for u (or anyone else) to come as well if u want!! i miss my girls! :-(