I am in a covenant group right now entitled Intimacy with God. It has really shaken up my view of what that means...
Intimacy is one of those things that I tend to avoid at all stakes. I had not realized this until being a part of this class, but the truth kind of sneaks up on you and bites you in the rear sometimes. I am having the hardest time understanding where God is wanting to take me on this new journey. I have never had a problem being passionate about things, that is just part of who I am... however, I am coming to the realization that I am being called beyond passion to a place of allowing myself to be vulnerable to the things in God's heart. As awesome as that sounds, there is a part of me that coils up in fear because that means that I have to be in a place that is out of my control... and if there is one thing that makes me the most unconfortable, it is being in a situation that is out of my control.
Yet... I am to a point in my walk with God that I need something more. I have been satisfied up to this point with the relationship I have had with God. To be completely honest, I did my thing, He did his and occasionally they would be the same... Sounds pretty bad I know but I don't want to be in a place of sugar coating the truth about it anymore... I am facing the hard facts about who I am and especially who I am in Him. The hard part is that my relationship with him has been more show that fact, but yet I have this longing inside that cries out for Him. Now does that mean I understand anymore now than I did last week? Absolutely not... but it does mean that I am in a desperate search for God's heart. Not his hand, his name, his reputation, his strength, his power, or anything that he can provide for me. I want to know his heart!
Whatever that looks like...
I want to know what it means to truly thirst for God... to not be able to quench my desire and longing for HIM... not just what I see him to be...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Mel, God is definitley doing something in the earth right now. He is calling his people to search after him now more than ever. He is pursuing us like never before...it's an amazing thing. Thank you for your vulnerability in this blog!
Post a Comment