A song dedication...
The EC Song...
My admissions counselor lied to me.
That's the reason why I'm at EC.
She told me that it was the place to be.
I work in Commerce at the outlet mall.
Before I came here I was a lot more small
One day I'll be cool in a band like Jailbird Paul.
So kiss me and smile for me
Tell me God said, "Hey that's the chick for me"
Sit in chapel listening to Pastor Tracy
(Ned Flanders in the flesh)
I'm stuck here in Franklin Springs
Wont graduate til I get a ring
and half the "Singers" can't even really sing
Everybody here loves Stavesacre, the truth is half of them didn't even hear about them til they came to our 165(?) beautiful acres
We learned everything we know from Wellons 3
So kiss me and smile for me
Tell me God said, "Hey that's the chick for me"
Sit in chapel listening to Pastor Tracy
(Ned Flanders in the flesh)
I'm stuck here in Franklin Springs
Wont graduate til I get a ring
and half the "Singers" can't even really sing
-The Pheobes + Fawn Rainey
To add to these wonderful sentiments about EC, I have the following to say, in random order:
-Supersoaker drive-bys with Susan Bailey, Leah Snider, and Candice Whitley
-Freshman year, King Street B, Rocky Horror Picture Show, and Festive Beverages- all those involved know who you are!
-Brian "Head" Rhodes in 8 am music theory as well as Sniper in her baseball cap sound asleep in the back of the room.
-Pastor Jeff's air bass
-All things are popsicles
-Sandy Testes
-Scheduling classes around nap times
-Shudderquest
-Into the Hood thanks to the one and only Bird
-The Khaki Crew
-Hitler as RA
-Candice as RA on the 1st floor of Jackson. Atleast I think it was Candice. It's a little hard to tell from that view.
-The Mainstream (which by the way is "Wig City" now)
I feel sure I will think of more later... but that's all for now. If you think of some of your own please add.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
You remember how you, Susan, Gretta and Snider would keep a book of all the words Jeff made up in Singer's? Good times.
"Take a right on glory and a left
on hallelujah"
"I'm an energizer bunny for the Lord."
My memories of you are from "Into the Woods." I was in the background, and you were good. :-)
How are you?
-getting fined by Hitler every night cause I hung out with upper classmen who were just as loud as I was
-Candice getting outfit consultations in the hallway (you always looked so great!)
-Midnight pizza stealing spree's
-Sneaking out of Jackson and throwing rocks at the windows to get back in
-Ruby going off on us for being too loud and when she asked "What would Jesus do?" Iris said "Jesus wouldn't go to this school"
-all the prank wars between first and second floor
-the time I knocked Lauren Williams on her arse during flag football cuz she made living under her hell on earth
-being awe stuck by all the confident upperclassmen who were suprisingly cool and down to earth thanks mel, candice, leah, bird, and anyone else I forgot
These are wonderful ladies! I have been laughing just remembering these highlights of our time at EC.
Candice- who could forget Susan and Gretta and the Energizer Bunny
Into the Woods was a wonderful time of my life. I have so many fond memories. Into the Hood and Ben's face when he not only found out he had to kiss someone on stage but WHO he had to kiss.
Fawn- stealing those pizzas helped inspire the EC song. How can I forget.
I almost peed myself when you took lauren down. I didn't know you had it in you.
and JoAnna
How could I ever for La Dispute. I got to witness the whole process! I also got Kendall in trouble with the whole "two people on the same bed" ordeal with my one act that year. That was something else.
i think iris telling ruby that jesus wouldn't go to Emmanuel had to be one of the best memories. i have more, some of which i can't post:) i'll write them done for later..wink!
Mel--how about that time on Singer's tour when I had my electric whoopee cushion in the old lady's van. I kept setting it off...and I think Susan was sitting up front with the lady..we could not stop laughing.
...oh...don't forget her famous ONION chicken salad!
how about when we were on Conquest tour and we stole Brian Rhodes Box Fan....
or on Conquest tour when we sang at the South Carolina Conference thing...and we were singing with tracks....and well...it skipped...and we didn't know where we were supposed to come back in.
the bum microphone. i always got the guitar mic to sing with....
good times girl. good times!
thanks for listing "the mainstream"... i'm glad we impacted at least one life before the advent of wig city!
EFW. How could I not mention the Mainstream. I spent a very large portion of my college free time at that place. That is also where the Phoebes played their first show! Some of my fondest memories were spent there losing part of my hearing and sweating to death. I loved it!
ha ha! I loved the songs you and jenn used to sing! The Pheobes were hilarious!
i was saddened to hear about "wig city".
Oh my gosh, the memories......
Come on now, who can forget when we were on Singers tour and Susan knocked that old man's false teeth in the toilet and ya'll fished em out with a close hanger. The poor man never knew why his breath smelled like ^&*(. LOL
And.......As well as my fan being taken, ya'll took my HUGE jar of pickles and ate em ALL and poured water ALL OVER MY BED.
"REDRUM" on the walls of King St. A while we're getting practicing and getting ready for Conquest tour.
Randy ChesterCopperpot tuning for Jesus after EVERY FREAKIN' SONG.
Our attempt at the NC Camp doing the step to Kirk Franklin's Revolution. Ya'll did okay, I just started doing the stripper dance.......I actually made a couple of dollars that day.
Take the person of the hand next to you.........c/o Jeff McCoy.
"Barry Word has a Wood." I thought I would die.
You and Susan were with me at Chili's when we were coming back from singing at Adam's church, I had just turned 21 and was buying my first alcoholic drink. Pretty sad. AAAHHHHH, burning chest, my ears were hot.
Your demon possessed cat!
Me, you, Melanie Cheek, and CRAZY Jamie Beiring going out to eat and going to the movies.........I've still never recovered from watching Boogie Nights.......It wasn't what we thought.
Long nights of studying and drinking hot chocolate and eating hash browns with cheese at the Iron Skillet while studying for the Dr. Boucher EXAM FROM HELL in Music History.......she killed me but I LOVE that woman.
And........uh hmmmmmmm, Mine and your trip to the CVS our freshman year...........oh dear GOD!
The boxes of junk food your mom always sent around exam time.
Eating as Max's and bringing back chips, salsa, and ranch.
The "ranch IV". Yes, I still eat ranch and ketchup on EVERYTHING.
Leah Snider sucking that pinky finger and twirling that piece of hair.
AAAWWWWW, I'm getting a little teary eyed. Man, I miss those days. Oh the memories.
Post a Comment