As a twenty something with a full time job that feels like 24/7 sometimes I have had a really hard time fitting in meaningful socialization. I know this is not happening to anyone else (can you sense the sarcasm).
After having a really great time last night spending time with a long time friend who I have not been diligent to keep up with, it has become so evident that I need that. I don't neglect people on purpose; I truly am THAT busy. With that being said, I am going to make it a point to actually schedule in social time into my weekly schedule. I have come to the revelation that this is a vital part of my life and it can be neglected no longer. So to all of you that have felt neglected, I am making a conscious effort to check up on you.
It is amazing what you can learn from meaningful conversation with others that are in different stages in their lives. I have been truly encouraged in life and in the Lord. Thank you to all of you who have taken time out of your busy lives to spend quality time with your friends. I don't think you can know what it truly means to those you have spent time with.
Have a great day! I encourage you to contact someone that you may have not thought about in a while. Maybe God wants to share something new with you today and use that person to do it.
Love you guys... don't work too hard today. Make sure you take time out to enjoy life and enjoy God.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
If you ever have a free weekend, you're welcome to come stay with me, and you and Jenn (and Matt I guess :-) and me can hang out! That would be so much fun.
I'll get my people to call your people and we'll set up another time to chill out! Let's not let it be so long in between this time!!!
Jana- The first free weekend I get I am going to come and see you! promise!!! I just may be a while before I get a free weekend.
Michelle- We definitely need to not let things go as long as before. I think the new small group will help.
Love you guys!
Post a Comment