The story of my life. Questions, questions, questions! The only difference now is that I have to answer them instead of shoving them deep into the caverns of my soul. That seems so much easier than brutal honesty. Someone told me once, or many times, that the truth will tick you off but it will set you free. Well, I'm ready for the free part and not just the ticked part. I know that where the Spirit of the Lord is there is freedom and that the Spirit lives in me so shouldn't that imply that I should be in freedom? If this is true then why does the fruit of this freedom feel so far away some days; most days. The moments I sense the Lord's nearness it all seems true and real and manageable, however, when He feels distant I begin to panic. I know first hand the wickedness of my own heart. Just when I think I am getting a grip on things I find myself falling flat on my face again. Thank you Jesus that you can sympathize with me in my weakness!!! That is such a comfort to my heart.
Jesus I choose You again and again and again. You are so worth every pain, frustration, question, and longing. I choose again to trust you at your word. You truly are faithful to complete the work you've started.
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
you should write songs...many many songs.
Post a Comment