Monday, February 22, 2010

You and Me Against the World

When I was a little girl I had this musical figurine of a shepherdess with a little lamb. I would turn the base of it until it was fully wound and it would play this song... "You and Me Against the World"  I didn't even know the words or anything to the song I just knew that was the name of it and I would play it over and over and over.  It was one of my favorite things that I owned.  I cherished it so much that kept it by my bed for years and years.  The Lord reminded me of that this week.  I had completely forgotten about it.  As I pondered the sweet memories associated with this figurine, the Lord began to speak to me.  This is so where I am right now.  Me and Jesus against the world.  I have prayed many prayers for the Lord to make me fully His and cried many times over the fact that I have a divided heart.  Too many tears to count and too much pain to record.  I have lived at a distance for too long and am no longer willing to settle for this reality.  I want to go beyond wanting to want Him.  I want to explore every hidden treasure of His heart.  I want to be fully consumed by the one with eyes of fire.  I long to be one with Him as He and the Father are one.  I know that getting to this place is not always pretty and is mostly messy and filled with dying to my own selfish desires second by second.  However, in the midst of this dying there is newness of life that begins to spring forth from the depths of soul.  His life, the blessed Spirit over taking every cell of my being... re-writing my spiritual DNA... no longer conformed to this world but truly being transformed by the renewing of my mind!  I am gaining His mind, His thoughts, His feelings, His righteousness, His perfection.  Nothing I could ever deserve or earn but something freely given from a heart of love and devotion.  What a beautiful exchange!  All my ashes and He bestows beauty and life.  WOW!  It is so mind boggling to even begin to perceive.  No one but the Almighty, Omnipotent, Omniscient, Sovereign, Lovesick God could even conceive of such a thing.  I am overwhelmed at His goodness. I am baffled at His faithfulness.  I am undone by His love and I am being made new by the revelation and truth of His word washing over my feeble frame.  Behold our God is great and we do not know Him!!!  I'm with Job on this one.  His ways are not my ways and His thoughts are not my thoughts... They are so far above mine!  Thank you Jesus! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!  I don't understand it but I receive it.  Oh how I love you! I don't have words to express the waves of emotion pouring forth from my heart.  All I know is that I truly love you more than I could ever verbalize.  I am undone by You.

Abba, you are so good! Continue to speak Your words of truth, love, and acceptance to my heart til I believe it.  Holy Spirit, revealer of mysteries, flood my soul with the revelation of Jesus' love for me. Father of glory, I'll keep asking... over and over and over and over again.  Give to me the Spirit of wisdom and revelation that I would know Your Son.  Enlighten the eyes of my understanding I pray.  Make me yours. Engulf my heart with your all consuming flame until all that remains is You!

1 comment:

Stephanie Silva said...

:) More Lord!