Tuesday, February 15, 2005
The delima
I think I have finally come to the realization that I don't hate my job... I'm frustrated at the fact that after 5 years of schooling I am not prepared to do my job. I don't know jack about discipline, the hell with time management, organization? what's that?, and I have the only child-itis that makes it difficult to talk to children (I never really had to... I talked to adults all the time). Anyway, I have come to the conclusion that if I knew how to do my job successfully that I would like it. I enjoy music... I enjoy seeing the "I got it" light bulb go off on kids' faces... I don't even hate the piano anymore, granted I "boomchick" a lot, but hey that's better than looking at the thing like it could take your arms off and beat you with them... and furthermore I work in a good school with coworkers who love me and think I'm great and 8th graders who think I have cool clothes! So there!!!!! I think I may want to be a teacher afterall... but I definitely need some help. So back to the grad school drawing board....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
i know ur a great teacher mel! it does make the biggest difference when u don't hate ur job though doesn't it? i'm jealous about ur v-day outing. i saw hitch w/ jenn last night though and it's a must see as well!!! is it to soon for us to get together again?
Mel,
Hang in there.
Post a Comment